About Me

Sheena Maharaj, MFT Associate #79147

Supervised by Brandi Garner LMFT #49045

s.maharaj.vylc@gmail.com       916-573-0108


Hello and welcome to my blog!

My name is Sheena Maharaj and I am an Associate Marriage and Family Therapist at Visualize Your Life Counseling Center, a private practice located in Elk Grove, California.  I have been in practice for 5 years and consider it my honor to walk alongside individuals and couples on their journey to freedom and healing.  My heart is in helping couples rediscover why they fell in love in the first place and finding a balance in their lives both personally and professionally.  I have extensive experience in providing spiritual counseling from a culturally sensitive and competent standpoint, and I also work with first-responders and their spouses through the challenges that the line of work brings.  Within the framework of couple's counseling, my passion is working with first responders and spouses. There is a great deal of intensity in this line of work, and my focus is to help clients create a good rhythm rather than balance for the lives involved in these relationships, and achieving a better understanding of everyone's needs. Counseling affords such individuals an opportunity to process the realities of the job. I truly believe that every person's journey in counseling is unique.  As a result, I utilize a variety of sources in helping my clients through their journey as I determine what would best fit their needs.  Although my approach is integrative, my foundation is attachment theory because as humans, we have a tendency to define ourselves through the connections (or lack thereof) that we form with other people.  I strive to make therapy a personalized experience for my clients in which they may identify the areas of their lives and experience where they would like to see healing with my help.    

If you feel that I would be a good fit for your therapeutic needs, please feel free to contact me either by the phone number or email provided at the top of this page.  I am looking very forward to hearing from you!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Relationships of First Responders

Why Seek Therapy?